Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Game nerdiness pays off

My article on how video game design provides lessons for website designers just got published on Boxes and Arrows. Very excited!

Boxes and Arrows is a peer-written industry journal for information architects, interaction designers, graphic designers and other user experience professionals. Readers vote on story ideas that you submit and then the editors greenlight your piece if you get enough votes.

('Boxes' and 'arrows' refer to the diagrams that designers have to draw to show how you move from screen to screen on a website and what happens where.)

All those hours playing Singstar, Age of Empires and Call of Duty 4 on my PS2, and claiming the Playstation as a tax deduction, just paid off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Mia, how exciting! Seems the people who read it also really dug it. I must admit I did not know your level of nerdiness extended this far!

Anonymous said...

I work with technology. Goes with the territory ;)