Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring has sprung

My fruit guy's stand is back outside my subway stop, Bryant Park is back being a lawn at lunchtime, it rarely dips below zero during the day and Mister Softee is doing the rounds once more. I do believe winter is over!



And I didn't have to resort to visiting a solarium for a dose of heat and Vit D! I do believe I am officially the palest I have ever been. Sun spots have emerged that until now had always been hidden. What's with pigment? I thought I was immune from that kind of skin stuff.

Bec and Nathan hit town for a trade show this week and we caught up with Bec for her birthday dinner at Public, a delicious restaurant in Nolita that must have some Antipodean's out the back because the wine list was dominated by Aussie & Kiwi drops, and the menu featured sticky toffee pudding. It seems that sticky date/toffee is only found where Australians eat.

Andy, Aussie colleague, was kind enough to deliver a packet of Tim Tams, BBQ Shapes and Twisties after a recent trip home. Onya mate! I am afraid I shall return home from work today and Jus will have mowed through the lot. I think last night's Tim Tam count was up to 4 and Jus is a major chocaholic.

I gave away some at work, expecting swooning , and was told that there might be an American Tim Tam equivalent: Keebler Elves. But I've looked through them and can't see anything that looks remotely like the King Tim Tam.

In other choc food news: Cadbury's chocolate has just arrived en masse. It is suddenly everywhere. So the American chocolate scene is very comprehensive. But you know what, with Easter two weeks away, there is barely any promotion of chocolate, bunnies, hot cross buns or anything. It's not really a retail event, which I don't understand since this is the land of retail promotion and religious people.

BTW Jus is heading home for three weeks from March 26 for work.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that spring has sprung when the temperature is no longer less than zero!