Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

La La Land





The highlight of visiting LA last week was catching up with my 8.5 month pregnant cousin, Jade, and meeting her boyfriend, Eric. She was totally radiant and the both of them were so excited about the impending birth of their baby boy, and anxious for him to hurry up and just get here.
We talked a lot about tatts and I reconsidered what I might get one day, when all my other whims are fulfilled. I was thinking of some Mercator projection of the world mapped to my ankle, covering my 'Spring Racing Carnival' scar (you know the one, you've heard the sorry story).
We grabbed some Japanese for dinner and wandered past what would have had to be a 100 people lining up outside a game store, waiting for the midnight release of the new Xbox game 'Halo 3'. Dedicated souls, given it was only about 6pm. When we left a while later the queue had quadrupled. This was a sleepy suburban outlet so i can't imagine what itmust have been like at game HQ in New York if the iPhone line was anything to go by. It retails here for about $60. In Australia that would be at least $100. Its a pity i don't have a gaming console here, but maybe I can wangle a copy of Halo 3 and expense it as part of my gaming research. It is supposed to be cutting edge...

1 comment:

Boris said...

..and tax deductable.