Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

who's afraid of Sept 11?



had to fly to Chicago yesterday and it only occurred to me late last week that I'd be flying on Sept 11. i was a little perturbed by it but hey, you just soldier on right?


La Guardia airport had military in camouflage with automatic rifles wandering around but they're a permanent fixture at all the airports here now. the only thing I noticed out of the (new, clear plastic bag for toiletries, shoes off) ordinary was a conspicuous air marshal on the flight. the flight was delayed three hours and packed to the shiny metal gills, and if any shenanigans had have happened I imagine the passengers would have just rolled their eyes and said 'typical, whatever'. i was more distressed by the prospect of no entertainment and no food, not even proper food to buy, since AA cut all those 'luxuries'. i haven't been that hungry since...I arrived in the US.


i have to admit i am sporting a new roll of blubber 'tween bra and belt, and its rather uncomfortable and I have to sit up straight all the time cos my flesh doesn't seem to fit any more. maybe its the burger bash Jus and I have been on, or the bran muffins I was eating for breakfast thinking they were actually healthy (its cake, just cake!),or the second lunches I nibble on when there are leftovers in the kitchen? maybe its the cheap goats cheese, or the massive meal sizes? maybe its the absence of aerobic exercise over the last 3 months? really, i'm at a loss here at how this happened.


regardless of the cause I've got to nip it in the bud because I've only been here 12 weeks and I'm 100% sure I'm setting a PB on the scales, and I don't mean a good PB.


so now I'm in the land of deep dish pizza (i would have called it a frittata, its that thick) and ribs (you can see the predicament I'm in) and tonight we're contemplating having a work dinner at Weber Grill, a restaurant chain by the actual manufacturers of Weber BBQs who decorate said restaurants with oversized replicas of said BBQs. yee har.

anyway, the flight was fascinating because we flew over a thunderstorm for a lot of the way and i watched the fluffy cumulo nimbus illuminate with flashes of silver and white, fork lightning giving a brief glimpse of the land far below. was beautiful. took a few photos...you might have noticed I have a penchant for taking shots of clouds.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to America – fattest place in the world!! The food here is ridiculous! The portions are out of control and the supply is endless! Oh well – you can fatten up for the NY winter LOL!