Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Heart iTunes

Have been listening to Pandora a lot and stumbled upon some new music that I've subsequently bought on iTunes.

Namely The Pimps of Joytime (funk like your daddy used to make), Chromeo (electro pop from some Montrealers) and Royksopp, and then just a bit more Cassie, Kelis, Kanye, Missy Elliot, Talib Kweli, Common and Timbaland just for Jus (he hates the RnB, G, but when it kicks in on the iPod when he's on the cross-trainer at the Y then he's all over it).

Anyhoo, so good to have some fresh music to listen to. I've taken to noting on the phone every time I hear a song I like and then looking up the artist on iTunes and buying some. I don't think I've ever been this attentive to new music since I was a teenager listening to the radio while I did homework and taping songs on cassette, usually losing the first few bars while I worked out if this was the song I liked.

iTunes has just released rentable movies too. You can download a movie for $2.99 for 24 hours and watch it on your laptop, or transfer it to your iPod or iPhone. After 24 hours it 'self-destructs' and disappears. We are getting away with this no TV thing like pros.

Any favourite songs/albums/artists from last year that you wanna share? Email me, homey.

1 comment:

Glenn Rogers said...

How much fun is Chromeo! Lupe Fiasco's new one isn't too shabby, been listening to a bit of Kate Nash, Pnau's new one for a bit of home grown dance music.. MIA and Radiohead's latest are still on high rotation. :)