Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I hope he can





Everyone's talking about this clip, which Black Eyed Pea will.i.am put together over one of Obama's speeches. Lots of Obama posters on cubicles at work. He seems to have inspired a lot of iconical poster art.









As the parties get close to selecting their preferred candidate there is constant talk at dinners, drinks and lunchrooms about who who who for the Democrats. I've heard countless people say 'it's nice to have a choice' and 'i don't mind who gets in. they're both good', but I think it would be a bigger step for this nation, and mean more, if Obama was the Democratic candidate and elected.

To be honest, I don't think the US is un-racist enough to vote him in. Race still matters here, big time. If he did get in I think the world would have to reassess their perception of the US, as they take a fresh look at themselves.


Imagine the day when Australia has an Aboriginal prime minister...

No comments: