Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sorry Day


I've been reading The Age online this morning about Sorry Day and Rudd's historic speech (and Nelson's disappointing and misguided contribution. just don't get it, do they?). Goose bumps material. It was the lead story on the front page of the NY Times.

I'm sad that I'm not at home to be part of this momentous occasion. The air of optimism, relief, hope and renewed excitement in Australia and what it means to be Australian was palpable from the video footage and articles.

I'm sitting here at my desk on a sleety day at 10.30am in the morning and have got all teary. Australia should feel so proud today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got all teary driving home listening to it on the radio. The ABC had an amazing audio montage they put together yesterday morning that had part of a news bulletin about three children, then some of Paul Keatings Redfern speech, then an excerpt of the Bringing them Home report, then J.Ho refusing to apologise, then Kim Beazley apologising on behalf of the Labour Party and then Kev saying that it needed to be done. Goosebump material. If I track it down I'll send you a link.

Unknown said...

Yep, I sat at home until 9.30am so that I could watch it without being disturbed. Was such a great speech by Krudd. Pity that Nelson couldn't follow up and is now demanding Krudd to apologise to him!
The story Kevin told about the woman he had met up with was the best bit.