Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Thursday, February 14, 2008

In defence of germs

I used an office bathroom this morning where:
  • the loo automatically flushed as I was rising
  • the soap was dispensed automatically as I put my palm under it
  • the tap turned on automatically when I put my hand under it
  • the paper towel dispenser spat out paper automatically when I waved my hand under it

I didn't have to touch anything!

I couldn't tell whether I was impressed or disappointed that someone thinks that's a good use of funds & technology. Maybe they have fewer staff who get sick? Maybe the auto flush is a wee-sized flush volume and they're saving precious water? (I haven't seen any dual flush here). Or maybe the thought of public bathroom germs is just so gross that any attempt at hygiene is appreciated?

All I know is I wont hesitate to shake hands with anyone who works at the World Financial Center.

No comments: