Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Can u tell i have deadlines?

















Halloween approaches and master craftsman , Justin Northrop, carved a classic picture perfect, apartment-sized Jack O Lantern to scare the spirits from our flat. Isn't he a marvel? His first time and he carved a masterpiece.

When I got home from work the apartment was all snug and pumpkin-y smelling. Those tea lights end up slowing roasting the pumpkin flesh and the most cosy aroma pervades the house. I think I'll sprinkle some vanilla and cinnammon in the pumpkin and get some aromatherapy going on. Yep, we caught the pumpkin fever.
We've been Skyping with the Northrops, and Mumma had her first introduction to web cams. The image above is the view we had on our PC of Mumma, Lis and Diane crowding around their web cam, chatting to us. Mumma had this expression of sheer incredulity the entire conversation: priceless! I do continue to love the internet...
Will do a big post this weekend. We finally got broadband at home (all this time we've been skunging free wifi from a benevolent neighbour, unbenownst to them of course) and I have a bunch of photos to download from the digi: we've had mum and Allan and Steve Abbott in town, we went to Woodstock, I went to Motor City Detroit, and Jus and I joined the Y. Yes, the YMCA in the Village, people! Does it get any more ridiculous?
BTW It is so hard to flip between our/or, s/z, er/re, ll/l every time I stop writing for locals and pen something for an Australian audience. It is really taxing my frontal cortex and I just know it is going to damage my Scrabble game. I have always prided myself on being a good speller (well you gotta be proud about something) but now my whole vocabulary is going to hell. Wouldn't it be handy if people came with a language preference switch too?

No comments: