Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Friday, October 26, 2007

Getting amongst it







So this week we really hit our stride, it feels. The apartment is feeling lived in and loved, with the addition of some more furniture and plants and we're getting used to the rhythm of the 'hood.
I've worked out what time I need to get on the train to get to work at a decent hour (15 min trip - joy of joys) and how long it takes me to walk home (if I don't stop to gawk at something, which is very hard not to do, 30 mins) Jus has his fave spot at Jefferson Market library, his alternative office, which looks like a castle.
The Time Out magazine is now burgeoning with things to do after the city quietened down over summer. We went and saw the Victorian musician New Buffalo in Williamsburg, some $5 comedy (read = we were the oldest people there) in the Lower East Side that sat 20 people and where Demetri Martin turned up, we booked some tix to go and see some ice hockey at Madison Sq Garden, and we're off to see Spamalot, a Monty Python musical.
So missing TV is pretty much confined to Sunday nights, and that's when Youtube.com comes in handy. (Last weekend Jus and I watched a bunch of Summer Heights High epsidodes to get a fix.) Though we did notice some of the comedy revolved around TV stuff - new shows- and Jus and I sat there like lamposts not laughing, not getting it, and feeling a little odd. "Do you know who he's talking about?" Jus whispered. "I got nothing", I shrugged, and we waited for the bit to move on to something universal like...how lame Halloween is, how hammocks are nets to catch lazy people and how the guy who invented ketchup had no idea it would be so big.
We're going to Boston tomorrow morning because I have to go there for work on Monday so we thought we'd make a long weekend of it. We're catching the train and it takes about 3 hours, going through Connectictut.
Jus and I checked the weather and got a rude shock when it is forecast to be 8c and sunny. 8c for a sunny day! That happened quickly. We both kinda panicked. It actually got really cold today and I started fearing for my warmth. There is an ice skating rink in the park where I used to sweat over my lunch. The cold's a comin', the cold's a comin'...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

who did new buff play with?