Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pumpkin Mania






Well everywhere you turn you see pumpkins. Fall is here, along with all things harvest-y, and therefore Halloween-y and it seems pumpkins have taken over Manhattan.
The markets are exploding with all sorts of squashes, gourds and pumpkins (varieties I've never seen or heard of before) and everywhere is decorated with harvest or Halloween themes. I mean everywhere: supermarkets, banks, furniture stores, clothing stores, offices. You can buy pumpkin-themed everything, from serving platters at Pottery Barn to a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, and every place is draped in red, orange and brown tones.
Behold the pumpkin, New York. I always thought pumpkins were under-rated, its good to see this full embrace. I even stumbled across a pumpkin scone.

2 comments:

Boris said...

Oh my Gourd!

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Mia