Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Going to the gym, Greenwich Village style

I have to stifle a giggle or a roll of the eyes when I'm at the Y because every second person is reading while they are working out.

I'm not talking about people flipping through trashy mags while they're on the stepper. I'm talking about people on leg press machines, people doing squats, people on cross-trainers making their way through the Sunday New York Times, or The Economist, or Time.

People will do their set of chest presses, their paper at their feet, then stop to read. Or they'll have the machine on some setting that's evidently too low and their adductors are on auto-pilot as they sit back and leisurely read.

I feel like yelling "Come on, people. Let's crack a sweat and get the heart pumping. You're here to work out, not read!"

What nerds.

No comments: