Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Let me hear you say 'yeah - eh'

So, as we descend into a frigid winter all the awesome theatre and concerts are hotting up New York. Suddenly every actor and his dog is on Broadway: Claire Danes, Bill Pullman, Kevin Kline, Harvey Keitel, Bob Saget(!), Rosie Perez, Chazz Palminteri, Hank Azaria, George Wendt (Norm!), Rufus Sewell, David Morse. We haven't bought theatre tickets yet as the stage hands are on strike and most shows are dark, but once the strike ends I'll be sneaking out at lunchtime and getting tickets. May as well make the most of working in Times Sq and go for the discount tix.

Our credit card is singed as we are off to see Sly & the Family Stone, Jose Gonzalez, Caetano Veloso and Cornelius, but I missed out on tix to Stevie Wonder, which I can't believe I didn't notice the advertising for. The genius himself...one day.

Aretha Franklin and Don Mclean are doing the rounds, as well as blasts from the past like Suzanne Vega, Hall & Oates, Alanis Morissette and The Lemonheads, Ween, Bazza Manilow, Neil Young, Ozzy Osbourne, Patti Smith and uber groups like Sigur Ross, the Polyphonic Spree and Public Enemy. Wu Tang clan or R. Kelly, anyone? Ne-Yo? Queensryche? Xavier Rudd maybe? Eric Clapton?

Like our dear departed Big Kev, I'm very excited.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cornelius will blow your mind!!!! Incredible stuff there.
Jose should be nice, let me know!
Polyphonic Spree are ace live as are Sigur Ros.
DO NOT BOTHER WITH THE LEMONHEADS (or xavier rudd)

Anonymous said...

Everyone who has seen Cornelius has used that exact phrase :blow my mind". I'm really looking fwd to it. We're seeing him Australia Day evening...
Tix for Polyphonic are only $20!