Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Friday, May 30, 2008

1 year anniversary

So I arrived in NY roughly this time last year. Since then I have:
  • posted 269 blog entries. That's a 73.6% daily blogging rate, which I'm pretty happy with. Perhaps in the name of personal development I should increase my KPI to 80% for next year. Or perhaps for personal development I should blog less and live more. It's contentious as a recent NY Times article demonstrated.
  • put on 6 kgs. I don't want to talk about it.
  • been to 4 Broadway shows: Spamalot, Xanadu, August: Osage Country, Putnam County Spelling Bee. When I see this list I realise I really have to amp up the calibre of my theatre choices. I guess that puts Avenue Q and Boeing Boeing on hold.
  • been on 1 bike ride. But it was awesome and next weekend I'm thinking a lap of the island.
  • visited 7 out of state cities and drove through amusing place names like Poughkeepsie, Yonkers, New City, Gaylordsville, Climax and Surprise ( I kind you not).
  • been to New Jersey once. For lunch.
  • seen 29 celebs at various levels of the A-D List scale
  • lived in 4 apartments and one squalid room, which I'm trying to forget
  • worked with 6 different clients ranging from weight loss supplements to cars to finance to video games and radio
  • had 0 cases of food poisoning from my halal street meat man
  • had 5 friends come to crash on our delightful sofa bed
  • eaten 47 hamburgers. I finally have a favourite. The Chicago, from NY Burger Co.
  • been to all 5 boroughs of New York
  • declined one marriage proposal from a checkout guy in Staples, the local equivalent of Office Works. Nothing but the best for me.
  • cooked dinner less than 10 times. This I feel guilty about. Poor Jus.
  • not learned Spanish, like I intended to.
  • had a ball. Mostly.
  • missed my peeps terribly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mia,

I'm going to recommend a blogging article and you've blogged on in already!

Congratulations on your anniversary! You've packed a lot in.

See you soon,

Mark