Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My latest addiction

Well torrents of time are being spent at Yahoo Answers, a site where people pose questions and all and sundry can respond. It is impossible to read a question like 'Are there any job opportunities for Irish electricians in Perth?', for example, and not respond and tell them to get their A to WA.

The sheer range of questions fascinates me.

Just now I saw:
  • How do you know if a girl wants to hold hands?
  • How do I get rid of a mouth ulcer?
  • Do cheaters always accuse others of cheating?
  • Is there a food pyramid diagram that correlates to body parts and functions?
  • What's the best foundation under $12?
  • How can I ship wine from the UK to the US?
  • My mare is afraid to ride with other horses in arena. What to do?
  • Do woodchucks sweat? If so, how?

Some of them make me sad because they're people in a tight situation who don't know what to do or the information is out there on the internet and they're obviously not bright enough to find it. Some of them make me laugh because they're so sweet and innocent (usually from tweens) or because they're so preposterous. Others are downright disturbing: lots of cries for help.

I can't stop answering questions. This site feeds on every know-it-all, Trivial-Pursuit-loving, daughter-of-a-school-teacher fibre in my body, and when I can think of a website that will answer their query how can I not pass it on?

1 comment:

Boris said...

You're like some kinda site savy samaritan.