Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

alvin ailey american dance theatre...


...was fabulous! Saw three pieces, The River, Flowers and Revelations, and they were incredibly diverse performances showcasing Ailey's choreographic talent and the versatility of the company.


I thought my usual musings when I watch professional dancers, "Why didn't I become a dancer? I love to dance. Oh my, their bodies are incredible. Surely that hurts. How do they balance for so long like that? Are they doing that barefoot?" and so on. So much admiration for what they make their bodies do.
You shell out for good seats and this was one of those times when it was worth every penny. Utterly thrilling. Goosebumps material. Standing ovation at the end.

No comments: