Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Friday, December 28, 2007

Back to the big city


diner
Originally uploaded by Meesy
Well Jus and I had a delightful time in out-of-this-world cute Vermont. You can see our photos. The train trip to Albany was a welcome rest, then we hired a car and drove to Tyson to stay at the Echo Lake Inn. Vermont is full of inns and BnBs: the whole state seems to be a tribute to wooden houses painted in pastels, red barns and the most pristine frozen lakes and wintery scapes. Just the antidote to NYC. We skiied for two days - long runs, icy crust but breathtaking views and empty trails - and bought the obligatory Vermont maple syrup. We didn't go to the Ben & Jerry's factory, which was just as well, as the whole four days was a carbaholic's festive dining frenzy.

Very homesick at the moment. Apparently this is the common 'six months in, get me out' blues. I would trade Flemo, Poska and a BBQ with friends and family in a heartbeat for this urban mecca right now.

4 comments:

freelancette said...

Mia - I have a great antidote to your homesickness: come to our party tomorrow night!

freelancette said...

ps -- love the Vermont photos. Tres cozy!

Anonymous said...

Corrie, wouldn't miss it! I've already worked out what I'm wearing and everthing.

The only way out of these winter blues may be some serious sales shopping. But I don't actually need anything...Mia

Unknown said...

Check out my flickr to see the fam' and hep springs! Then think about all the people coming to visit you in the new year and how friggin hot it is in melbourne! 41 for NYE. UGH
XOX