Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Do I really want to know?

I finally put some site measurement code on the blog so I can see how many people are visiting and where they're visiting from. I can't see individuals, it's all aggregated, so your preference to lurk out there in the mists of cyberspace is respected.

Funnily enough I've had a few visits from people who typed the word 'botty' into Yahoo or Google and ended up on my post about the Village Voice feature on badonkadonk. Another visitor came by to check the DOA reference hoping to find recourse for their dead Apple Mac. Finally, some poor soul thought they would be able to find the Big Apple Summer Free program here. Oh well, hate to disappoint.

I might spice up the traffic numbers with gratuitous references to Britney Spears nude pics and Lindsay Lohan drug photos and the like. Watch that graph spike, baby.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your last comment made me think of this awesome story that was on Media Watch the other week:

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2256090.htm

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! Totally disturbing how media outlets run with stories and don't bother to dig a little bit. I've sent the story to our search engine optimisation team.