Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Friday, June 13, 2008

Real life New Yorker #2 - Bob


Bob started the same day I did and was my pod buddy for a bit. Say hello to Bob. He's one of those people who knows every band, book and movie you've never heard of but should. Were people born in the 80s equipped with bigger memories?

Where did you grow up?
Southern Italy. And Northeast Florida. And the Aleutian Islands.

What brought you to New York?
My job at Razorfish. I’m a Content Strategist.



What do you like about the US?
Freedom, faith and family. Joke! Actually, I do love my family. (And what little freedom I have left.) I guess I like the country’s history best of all: lots of fascinating characters and freaky subplots, from Thomas Jefferson to the Haymarket Riots to Buckminster Fuller to Patty Hearst. It’s all good.

Is there anything you hate about America?
Yes! The ubiquitous racism and bigotry that we pretend doesn’t exist anymore. Drove me nuts in the South. It’s one of the (many) reasons I relocated to NYC.

What do you think of when you think of Australia?
“The Land of Deadly Everything”? That, and kangas.

Who do you think is going to win the US election and why?
John McCain. Cause we’re a bunch of latent racists.

Will you work in New York forever?
Nah. Probably got another 5 years in me. Then off to California.

If you could visit one place in Australia where would you go and why?
Ayers Rock, yeah? Elevate the scenario. Activate the dreamtime.

Who is the most famous Australian, in your mind?
Eek. Paul Hogan? The Crocodile Hunter? Those are terrible answers.

What’s one thing everyone should know about New York?
Anything and everything for twice the price. And the weed’s delivered to your door : )

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ha - that's my golden apple!