Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tipping etiquette

I'm always scared I'm offending someone by not tipping adequately, or not realising theirs is a tip-worthy service. I stumbled upon this tipping guide, and now I know exactly how much I should be slipping the takeout delivery guy, as well as what to do at funerals, hospitals and the country club. This bit takes the cake:

"If you hold a table for two serving periods, make sure that you tip
double. In other words, if you spend enough time at a table that a waiter could
have typically gotten two parties seated and served, then compensate him for his
time by tipping him twice. I like to ease his mind by telling him this about
half-way through."

If you're sitting there for that long you're probably onto your fifth bottle of wine, and surely the 15-20% of the bill gratuity covers the tip adequately! Seriously!

No comments: