Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Friday, July 20, 2007

Yankee Doodle Dandy


So long Telstra, tonight was Skype night! I can't sing Skype's praises highly enough. I sat on the 'phone' (read: spoke into my laptop keyboard) for hours tonight calling family and friends in Australia. Picture it: me sitting on a stool in my kitchen on Friday night in balmy NYC, people in Aus sitting in their jamas and doing morning pottering, the internet connecting us all for free! (or 2c/min for the luddites on landlines ;)). I loved chatting and hearing everyone's voices: suddenly made me feel not so far away and I felt plugged into people's lives.

The great thing about speaking handsfree is that you can gesticulate wildly and doodle. I can't imagine what I must have looked like to someone peering through the window. Possessed, possibly.
I did do an amazing doodle though. And as I looked at it I realised I had done the same 4 symbols over and over again, and I thought: that has to mean something. So I jumped on some 'doodle analysis' websites and they do actually have recognised meanings:
- stars: "Stars, sun, moon, celestial bodies: optimism, ambition, a need to prove and advertise oneself "
-houses: "Search for a home. A need for family and willingness to invest in his family. A need for a spiritual shelter and search of self. Feelings of insecurity (could be temporary). "
- 3d rectangles: "Organized brain, clear thinking process and planning skills, meticulous planning on one's steps, efficiency, purposefulness "
- spirals: "If shown to be gradually expanding the author is implying personal stress and tension and is aware of or ready to meet a challenge. And that also implies a level of optimism."

I find that a scarily accurate summation of my unconscious as I start a new life abroad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

im a big 3d rectangle doodler. anyway, i just read through days of blogs as i have been away and there is nothing about the steam pipe in manhattan. were you near by ????