Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Guapo alert






My pal, Shivani, blew into town on Friday night for the weekend, fresh from a Contiki 9-countries-in-10-days tour of Europe and a week in London. She's packing a lot of luggage on a 3 month holiday, and we managed to find some additional items to squeeze in after wandering around Soho and dinting our respective credit cards big time. I convinced her to buy some rad (there's no other word) Burberry gum boots, which all the fashionistas wear on their way to work here when it rains. She's going to be the most stylish thing in Melbourne's puddles when she returns home.

We changed gears, changed gear and met up with Simon to head to a contemporary art museum called PS1, an offshoot of MoMA, that holds a dance event called Warm Up on Saturday afternoons during summer. They have DJs and everyone sips beer and dances in the sculpture garden. It was suprisingly fabulous: people were really getting into the house music in a novel drug-free way. The whole thing is over by 9pm.
Shiv's trip so far has focused on collecting photos of hot guys "guapo" and getting friends to pose ostensibily to take the picture of the hot dude a metre to the right. It was full of the best looking people I've seen in one afternoon, so as you can imagine there was a lot of photo posing. Shiv talked our way into the VIP section where we could dance with space and free drinkie poos, and take unobstructed photos of guapos in the crowd below. Check the photos on Flickr.

We caught the train back to the Lower East Side and had dinner (one of those dinners where you don't really remember eating because its 10pm and you're 3 wines and 3 beers in) then Shiv got in a taxi to get some sleep (this is when I should have made an exit also) and Simon and I went out for a boogie in a sweaty little gay dance club (that was quite an education. i have now seen frottage in action, for example), which ended up with me in a cab mourning my iFriend.

Today has been tres low key (I haven't left the apartment yet and its 7pm) and I need to eat some fruit & vegetables to get rid of that awful feeling that I have trashed my body and am too old to do so. When will I learn that particular lesson?

This time next week Jus will be in my arms once more :)

1 comment:

Jazz said...

you look like you are having so much fun.