Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Monopoly Mania


I was searching for Monopoly money this week (one of the sophisticated tools I use at work) and thought I would have a look on the FAO Schwarz toy store site as the first port of call. Well, that was stupid. It was like looking for a single plant tie at Bunnings. You would not believe the number of special edition Monopoly sets here. To wit:


  • Atlant Braves Collectors Editioon

  • Boston Red Sox Collectors Edition

  • Cardinals 2006 World Series Championship Ed

  • Detroit Tigers

  • Disney Pixar Collectors - fight over being Woody or Buzz!

  • Elvis - you can own Graceland!

  • Family Guy

  • Fantastic Four

  • Golf Signature Holes

  • Houston Astros NLCS

  • I Love Lucy California Here We Come Edition - buy, sell and trade hilarious episodes!

  • James Bond 007 - be Odd Job's bowler hat!

  • John Deere - be a a L110 Lawn & Garden Tractor (this is for real)

  • Las Vegas - tokens include playing cards, wedding chapel, roulette wheel, poker chips, slot machine, showgirl

  • Lord of the Rings

  • Major League Baseball

  • Monopoly - The Mega edition - 3 dice, 9 new properties, and more starting money. Mwwa hahahahah

  • Monolpoly First Edition - 1935 style

  • My Fantasy Baseball Players edition

  • My MLB Edition

  • Nascar

  • New York CityMonopoly

  • NY Giants Collectors Edition

  • New York Jets

  • New York Mets

  • New York Yankees

  • Night Sky Edition - be the Hubble space telescope!

  • Nintendo Collectors Edition

  • Nostalgia Monopokly

  • Pirates of thre Caribbean Monoploy

  • San Francisco Giants

  • Sesame Street

  • Shrek Collectors Edition

  • Snoopy

  • Superman Returns

  • The Simpson's Treehouse of Horror - glow in the dark tokens

I guess it makes sense that this celebration of capitalism is a franchise gone mad, selling out left, right and centre.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool Mia. I'm going to show this blog of yours to my boys. My youngest Mark, asks me almost every day to play Monopoly. I sneak out of playing the board game version because we can play an online version that lasts only 10 minutes at: www.monopoly.com.au. We actually own two Monopoly sets. Unfortunately, they're are both the same. Paul and I each kept our childhood sets.
BTW, you can print off Monopoly money from some site or other if you need extra money. I did it for Damon one time. Sorry, can't recall which site now.
Cheerio,
Dale