Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Monday, June 25, 2007

Brooklyn

Perfect weather this weekend. Saturday arvo I went to the Mermaid Parade at Coney Island, which was like a cross between the Moomba Parade and Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras in terms of pageantry and costumes. For some it was a community affair, for others it was just an opportunity to get their kit off. For example, I saw a man wandering around waving like the Queen, wearing nothing but a disposable nappy.

The highlight for me was a teenage drumming marching band with so much 'tude and funky beats they put the posers to shame. Saw the Shepard Fairey exhibition too. The Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival was booming down by the East River. Ended up walking back to Manhattan across the Brooklyn Bridge, by accident. I went up some stairs that I thought would take me to the subway and popped up on top of the bridge. So I did the walk. Excellent views! Took lots of photos. One of a guy who was the spitting image of Prince William.

And made a few clips.

The corner where I live.



The view from the Brooklyn Bridge.






1 comment:

. said...

Hi Mia

I'm nostalgic. It a looks great.

I suggest:
Zabars (88th and Broadway) for a sat morning delicatessan fix, followed by a picnic in the park.

Carmines for dinner (with lots of Sambuca)

The Royalton for cocktails (44th and Broadway)

The brazilian restaurant near the Royalton for more meat than you can cope with

Strands for second hand books (14th St ?)

And my skype address is "nishith" so hook me up.

Hugs

Nish