Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Celebrity Sighting #3













On the way home from work on Tuesday I saw stage and screen actor Frank Langella walking down 8th Ave. He's in a play Frost/Nixon at the moment. I recognised him and had no idea what his name was and the only clues I could give mum was "Old guy, 60 plus, in lots of stuff. A European name." Needle in a haystack. And the next day she got it.

Had an interview with a potential landlord today for a 1.25 bedroom place in the West Village. I put our application in a few days ago and I think she just wanted a look at me. I hope I managed to charm her and convince her that Justin and I are responsible, pleasant tenants. Who knows. They do real estate crazily in this town: our real estate broker, a card carrying member of the Texas Gay Mafia (his words) led us around Downtown last Sunday with his long haired chihuahua, Ramone, in tow and must have mentioned something about margaritas every 30 mins.

Thought I would slip in a dance class this week as work has been not too draining, and went to an Advanced Beginners class at the Alvin Ailey dance school. Beginner schminner. Talk about embarrassing. I couldn't get the instructor's style, I couldn't do the moves and I couldn't remember the choreography. Ana, Lisa, Jodine - I grabbed my bag during a lull and ran. I'm gonna suss out Broadway Dance Centre like Trish suggested. Oh the humiliation!

Mum spent the entire day at Bloomingdales today. Needless to say she's one very happy lady.

And a correction from a previous post: Diana works for Amnesty, not the Audre Lorde Project, and LGBTSTGNC POC stands for Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, Two Spirit, Transgender, Nonconfirming People of Color. (Two Spirit is a Native American variation of sexuality). Want to see it used in a sentence?

Will try and take some photos at work tomorrow. There were 5.30pm drinks this arvo cos AARF one a Yahoo award. Beer, cocktails, full spirits...I always end up working somewhere with a drinking problem.

No comments: