Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Oi oi oi


Well the blogging has slowed down since work has ramped up. The week has sped by: time evaporates here. This week the 'other new Aussie' started at work and I caught up with 2 other Australians who work there. All lovely and chatty and wanting to vent a bit about the US and gloat in our bloody awesome Aussieness.

Friday night I went out with Andrew (who worked at Sensis with old colleagues of mine) and his girlfriend, Natalie (who worked with Ange at ASIC), and we had a ball! Meant to go to the Lower East Side for dinner but we took a wrong turn coming out of the subway (its not just me, phew) and ended up in SoHo and found a great tapas place where the racion were more like the usual heaped plates. Nothing tapas-y about it, and no patatas bravas on the menu, which was devastating. But plenty of goats cheese, so I was happy. We ended up walking to the LES for a bit of bar hopping and it was going bananas: people everywhere, music pouring out of places, lights blaring. We danced and mixed drinks and today was a bit hard. Had to have a nap this afternoon.
Jus hurry up and get here so I can vegetate on the couch like most Fridays. Just joking, I might actually be able to throw off my nanna Friday night performances here. Miracles miracles.

1 comment:

Fifi M-P said...

There's nothing Nana about you in NY, Mia, if the week of Greenjen wedding festivities is any indicator.
Fifi M-P