Twitter badge

What music I'm listening to...

Flickr badge

www.flickr.com
Meesy's items Go to Meesy's photostream

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Welcome to agency life

Well, hello deadlines and late nighters. I knew it would be like this and I kinda figured it would start happening soon. Nothing like the adrenaline rush of client presentations to get the imagination firing.
There are certainly growing pains adjusting to this different way of working. Part of me is deliciously detached from the work: I go home and forget about it. There's nothing personal about the feedback on the designs, there's no baggage from previous experiences, its all business.
There's still that desire to do quality work and do the best I can do, and I do care about the client's objectives and the agency's need to make money, but in 2 months I'll be working on something else entirely and will never have to look at it again. I won't have to live with the compromises every day and wonder when we're going to get around to fixing something. There's major solace in that.

And now for something completely unrelated: i park like an idiot.com . So nice not to have to drive anymore either...

No comments: